PhysioStim™ devices provide a safe and effective non-surgical treatment to improve nonunion fracture healing. These devices use a pulsed electromagnetic field (PEMF) signal to induce a low-level electrical field at the fracture site which stimulates bone healing.
Feature & Benefits
This single-piece device is lightweight, flexible and portable, allowing freedom of movement during treatment. Typical prescribed treatment time is three hours per day. An LCD and audible alarm provide important feedback during treatment such as the operational status, treatment time remaining, battery capacity, etc.
Designed for patient ease of use
- Works effectively when worn over clothing, casting or bracing
- Single-piece, cordless design allows for ease of placement and patient mobility
- The STIM onTrack™mobile app is patient friendly and provides patients with a treatment calendar, therapy reminders and additional educational resources.*
Why do physicians prescribe a PhysioStim device?
- High clinical success rates4,10,17
- PEMF signal covers 360 degrees around the fracture site18
- Ease of placement enables consistent treatment of the fracture site
- Penetrates evenly across tissue, bone and fixation21
- First-to-market accessory, STIM onTrack™ mobile app*
Providing a patient friendly mobile app, STIM onTrack™, with patient usage data and a daily treatment reminder
|5314 R/L||PhysioStim device|
The PhysioStim Device
The PhysioStim™ device is indicated for the treatment of an established nonunion acquired secondary to trauma, excluding vertebrae and all flat bones, where the width of the nonunion defect is less than one-half the width of the bone to be treated. A nonunion is considered to be established when the fracture site shows no visibly progressive signs of healing.
Use of this device is contraindicated where the individual has synovial pseudarthrosis. Demand type pacemaker operation may be adversely affected by exposure to pulsed electromagnetic fields. The safety and effectiveness of this device has not been established for individuals lacking skeletal maturity or individuals with a nonunion secondary to, or in connection with, a pathological condition. The safety of this device for use on patients who are pregnant or nursing has not been established. Rare instances of reversible minor discomfort have been reported.
Full prescribing information can be found in product labeling or
by calling Patient Services at 1-800-535-4492.
Caution: Federal law (USA) restricts this device to sale by or on the order of a physician.