Mechanical Engineer Technician
Summary: The Mechanical Engineer Technician is responsible for providing engineering support to Manufacturing, Product Development and Service. The essential responsibilities are typically of high scope and complexity and the incumbent may be required to apply significant ingenuity and advanced knowledge of functional areas to determine goals and methods. Work is typically reviewed for results and overall applicability; however, 50% or more of activity is performed in the unit’s assigned tasks.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supporting the delivery of high-quality products on time, and on budget, and supporting products post-release.
- Play a supporting but central role in all stages of product design, including generation of ideas, drawings, prototype design, construction, and testing.
- Hands-on ability a must.
- Assist in the development of manufacturing facility organization and layout.
- Assist in the design, development, and construction of manufacturing and test equipment/fixtures/jigs.
- Develop / implement procedures for use of manufacturing and test equipment.
- Maintain and repair manufacturing and test equipment, as needed.
- Working closely with Engineering, Manufacturing, and Quality: identify, troubleshoot, and complete post-release changes to products, as necessary.
- Train and, if necessary, monitor progress of non-technical production personnel in manufacturing and repair procedures.
- Provide technical support on devices manufactured by / for VQ to all departments and divisions of VQ, as directed.
- Develop, update and maintain policies and procedures for all life cycle stages of proprietary devices manufactured by/for VQ OrthoCare.
- Assist the Manager/Supervisor in the preparation of periodic and annual performance reviews of team members
- Assist the Manager/Supervisor in screening job applicants, including participating in interview process
- Assist departmental management with development, updating & maintaining departmental policies & procedures
- Assist departmental management with departmental quality control audits
- Assists with other assignments or special projects, as required.
- Job Specific Duties: To appropriately and effectively support the design function and activities of the Product Development Department
- Job Knowledge & Business Acumen: To maintain broad familiarity with all company and department policies, practices, procedures, product knowledge, industry trends and job tasks to complete critical or complex projects, resolve problems and/or initiate process improvement strategies.
- Communication and Ethics: To appropriately and ethically represent the company and initiate actions and/or communications which will best serve the interest of VQ OrthoCare
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum 2-year Associate Degree in a Mechanical field required or equivalent.
- Preferred experience includes mechanical engineering support experience in a medical device workplace environments.
- Additional 4+ years related experience or equivalent of education plus directly related education, training and experience.
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Typically interacts with staff, peers, senior management and external customers
- Ability to handle moderate to high stress
- Regularly required to sit, stand, move about, stoop, bend, reach, finger and grasp and to move and/or lift up to 50 pounds
- Regularly must see and read computer displays and reports, PDA displays & cell phone displays
- Must regularly type and or enter data using computer keyboards.
Certificates and Licenses:
- No special certificates, licenses or registrations are required
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided in order to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and tasks.
The work environment varies between that of a typical office setting with controlled temperature and humidity and a typical automobile interior, traffic and noise associated with commuting, along with typical patient home environments for short durations. Ambient noise levels are consistent and generally low to moderate.
**VQ Orthocare is and Equal Opportunity Employer: All Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
***VQ Orthocare is a participating E-Verify employer