The ideal candidate will be a dynamic self-starter, with HR experience including managing and developing policy and procedures, labor law, recruitment and selection, supervisory and staff training, benefits and compensation administration. Since this is an HR Department of one, the ideal candidate will have experience as a strong HR Generalist as well as have experience as a higher level HR professional.
- Administers various human resources plans and procedures for all company personnel; assist in development and implementation of job descriptions, personnel policies and procedures; prepare and maintain employee handbook and policies and procedures manual
- Participate in developing HR department goals, objectives and systems
- Perform benefits administration to include claims resolution, change reporting, auditing & approving invoices for payment, communicating benefit information to employees, conducting open enrollment meetings, etc.
- Develop and maintain required regulatory policies, maintain records, logs and reports to maintain compliance to regulations, such as the EEO-1 report, OSHA annual report, I-9 tracking, COBRA notifications, etc.
- Respond to and represent the company for any unemployment claims.
- Assist in maintenance of company organization charts and employee directory.
- Respond to employee relations issues such as employee complaints, harassment allegations, civil rights complaints or workplace injuries or illness
- Maintain considerable knowledge of and compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment and principles and practices of personnel administration
- Handle high to moderate stress in a professional manner.
Human Resources Manager Qualifications / Skills:
- Human resources management
- Benefits administration
- Performance management
- Communication processes
- Compensation and wage structure
- Supporting diversity
- Classifying employees
- Employment law
- Laws against sexual harassment
Education, Experience, and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or similar work experience required
- 3+ years of experience in progressively responsible human resource roles
- 3+ years of experience in Labor Relations and Employee Relations
- PHR/SPHR certification preferred, but not required
- To apply
If you possess the required capabilities and the desire to work for a dynamic medical technology company, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email so that your resume is routed properly.