The right person to join our team is…
Someone looking for an opportunity to earn extra income as an independent contractor performing patient fitting of prefabricated orthoses and prefabricated custom fit orthoses for the upper and lower extremities. We estimate 1-5 fittings per week.
This position requires confidence, independent action, initiative, a sense of urgency, and the ability to make decisions and take responsibility for them. A well-suited candidate can react and adjust quickly to changing conditions and develop practical ideas for dealing with them. The style is purposeful, directed at getting things done quickly. There is strong demand for high-quality, organized, and repeatable results.
In this role you will:
Performs patient fitting of prefabricated orthoses and prefabricated custom fit orthoses for the upper and lower extremities.
- Performs patient fitting and instruction with off-the-shelf orthotic devices as prescribed and ancillary durable medical equipment (DME) products.
- Completes patient assessment, formulation of a treatment plan, implementation of the treatment plan, follow-up, and patient education.
- Completes all documentation accurately and timely within 48 hours of the time of service.
- Provide accurate clinical documentation, assisting in accurate billing and coding as necessary.
- Orders and maintains inventory and inventory records.
What your background will be:
Must be a Certified Orthotist licensed to practice orthotics or prosthetics in the State of Illinois.
Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, and Word capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
- On-call rotation within market territory may be required, including nights and weekends.
- VQ OrthoCare’s Medicare accreditation status requires its employees or contractors in close physical contact with patients (Direct Care) to maintain certain immunizations (including Covid Vaccinations), health screenings and related training, criminal and motor vehicle records, and valid automobile insurance.