We currently have Independent contractor opportunities for Certified Orthotists.
The right person to join our team is…
…is someone looking for an opportunity to earn extra income as an independent contractor performing patient fitting of prefabricated orthoses and prefabricated custom fit orthoses for the upper and lower extremities. Ideal Candidate is committed to team focus, collaboration, stellar communication, and a passion for superb patient care.
(We estimate 1-5 fittings per week.)
- Perform patient fitting of prefabricated orthoses and prefabricated custom fit orthoses for the upper and lower extremities.
- Provide patient education of prescribed DME products.
- Provide indirect supervision of manufacturer’s rep in the fitting of prefabricated orthoses for the upper and lower extremities
- Complete all required documentation accurately and timely (within 48 hours of the time of service).
- Provide the required clinical documentation necessary for accurate billing and coding.
- Order, maintain and track inventory.
What your background will be:
- Must be a Certified Orthotist licensed to practice orthotics or prosthetics in the State of Illinois.
- Computer proficient to include web browser/internet search, MS Outlook, and Word capabilities. Technical competence includes the ability to learn new software and systems.
- On-call rotation within market territory may be required.
- VQ OrthoCare’s Medicare accreditation status requires its employees or contractors in close physical contact with patients (Direct Care) to maintain certain immunizations (including Covid Vaccinations), health screenings and related training, criminal and motor vehicle records, and valid automobile insurance.