The Accounting Associate is responsible for performing various accounting functions for a multi-company organization. This includes all aspects of the A/P procedure plus the review process, preparation and reconciliation of daily deposits, month end financial schedules, and financial reporting. The essential responsibilities are typically a variety of projects of significant scope and complexity. Work is subject to periodic review upon completion and is typically performed under general direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process company invoices for specified vendor accounts through full cycle accounts payable according to department procedures. Includes invoice to purchase order matching, obtaining approvals, data entry, written or verbal vendor inquiries, filing, etc.
- Manage internal control functions related to AP. Includes invoice analysis, account coding, problem resolution, month-end reconciliation, and final review of vouchers
- Process specified business expense reports and reimbursements, including full audit and receipt reconciliation, accurate approvals, interacting with employees and management to ensure compliance with expense regulations and policy
- Process company disbursements; payables and check requests, including aging report preparation, invoice selection, and invoice to disbursement matching.
- Obtain and maintain required W-9 reporting; inbound and outbound and for processing year end 1099’s including review, edit, printing and mailing according to federal requirements.
- Obtain and maintain updated vendor certificate of liability insurance
- Responsible for final verification of daily deposits
- Prepare various month-end financial schedules for multiple companies and divisions
- Maintain Personal Business Property detail activity for multiple counties
- Maintain fixed assets activity for multiple locations. Includes disposals and input of acquisitions
- Run various financial reports for month-end financial compilation for multiple companies and divisions
- Maintain daily “other-income’ activity
- Deliver daily deposits and/or other financial documents to bank if necessary
- Assist with other assignments or special projects, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Additional 2+ years’ experience or equivalent of education plus directly related education, training and experience.
- Preferred experience includes prior Account Payable experience in small to medium, fast-paced workplace environments
If you possess the required capabilities and the desire to work for a dynamic medical technology company, please send your resume to email@example.com. Please include the job title in the subject line of your email so that your resume is routed properly.