The Accounting Associate is responsible for performing various accounting functions for a multi-company organization. This includes all aspects of the A/P procedure plus the review process, preparation and reconciliation of daily deposits, month end financial schedules, and financial reporting. The essential responsibilities are typically a variety of projects of significant scope and complexity. Work is subject to periodic review upon completion and is typically performed under general direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process company invoices for specified vendor accounts through full cycle accounts payable according to department procedures. Includes invoice to purchase order matching, obtaining approvals, data entry, written or verbal vendor inquiries, filing, etc.
- Manage internal control functions related to AP. Includes invoice analysis, account coding, problem resolution, month-end reconciliation, and final review of vouchers
- Process specified business expense reports and reimbursements, including full audit and receipt reconciliation, accurate approvals, interacting with employees and management to ensure compliance with expense regulations and policy
- Process company disbursements; payables and check requests, including aging report preparation, invoice selection, and invoice to disbursement matching.
- Obtain and maintain required W-9 reporting; inbound and outbound and for processing year end 1099’s including review, edit, printing and mailing according to federal requirements.
- Obtain and maintain updated vendor certificate of liability insurance
- Responsible for final verification of daily deposits
- Prepare various month-end financial schedules for multiple companies and divisions
- Maintain Personal Business Property detail activity for multiple counties
- Maintain fixed assets activity for multiple locations. Includes disposals and input of acquisitions
- Run various financial reports for month-end financial compilation for multiple companies and divisions
- Maintain daily “other-income’ activity
- Deliver daily deposits and/or other financial documents to bank if necessary
- Assist with other assignments or special projects, as required.
- Other duties may be assigned
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
- Project Management – Completes projects on time and budget.
- Technical Skills – Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills.
- Customer Service – Solicits customer feedback to improve service. Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal – Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting.
- Oral Communication – Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions.
- Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar.
- Leadership – Accepts feedback from others.
- Quality Management – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
- Ethics – Works with integrity and ethically.
- Organizational Support – Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; supports organization’s goals and values.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions.
- Initiative – Seeks increased responsibilities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Meets challenges with resourcefulness.
- Professionalism – Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Completes work in timely manner; Works quickly.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable otherwise qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Associate’s Degree preferred
- Additional 2+ years’ experience or equivalent of education plus directly related education, training and experience.
- Preferred experience includes prior Account Payable experience in small to medium, fast-paced workplace environments
- Highly proficient in software such as Word, Excel and other standard MS Office Programs
- Highly proficient in use and navigation of accounting software within the scope of the specific responsibilities of this position.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals, and percentages
- Read and interpret general business periodicals, professional journal, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
Physical and Mental Demands:
- Typically interacts with staff, peers, senior management and external customers
- Ability to handle moderate to high stress
- Regularly required to sit, stand, move about, stoop, bend, reach, finger and grasp and to move and/or lift up to 30 pounds
- Regularly must see and read computer displays and reports, PDA displays & cell phone displays
- Must regularly type and or enter data using computer keyboards.
Certificates and Licenses:
- Valid Driver’s license issued in state where job will be performed maintaining a good driving record with no more than 3 infractions on DMV report
- Must maintain appropriate level of automobile insurance necessary to insure and protect the Company from liability arising out of the misuse of their personal vehicle while performing the essential duties of the position.
The job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Reasonable accommodations may be provided in order to allow qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties and tasks.
The work environment varies between that of a typical office setting with controlled temperature and humidity and a typical automobile interior, traffic and noise associated with commuting, along with typical patient home environments for short durations. Ambient noise levels are consistent and generally low to moderate.
Job Title: Accounting Associate
Reports To: Accounting Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Irvine, CA