DescriptionThe Pulsed ElectroMagnetic Field (PEMF) bone growth stimulation delivered by Physio-Stim is a safe, nonsurgical option for long bone nonunions. Physio-Stim may be worn over a cast, orthopedic brace, or clothing without lessening its effectiveness. The results of the FDA Approved Physio-Stim Patient Registry of 859 nonunion fractures resulted in an 84.9% overall success rate.*
Features & Benefits
- Lightweight, all-in-one unit allows unrestricted patient mobility – no separate cables, control units or battery packs
- Comfortably worn over cast, brace or clothing.
- Spinal-Stim worn for two hours per day. Cervical-Stim worn for four hours per day. Physio-Stim worn for three hours per day.
- Patient friendly functionality with compliance meter
|3202||Physio-Stim (Small, Wrist / Hand)|
|3314R||Physio-Stim Rt (Right Shoulder/Humerus)|
|3314L||Physio-Stim Lt (Left Shoulder/Humerus)|
|3303||Physio-Stim (Large, Foot / Leg)|
IndicationsThe Physio-Stim is indicated for the treatment of an established nonunion acquired secondary to trauma, excluding vertebrae and all flat bones where the width of the nonunion defect is less than one-half the width of the bone to be treated. A nonunion is considered to be established when the fracture site shows no visibly progressive signs of healing.
ContraindicationThere are no known contraindications for the Cervical-Stim as an adjunct to cervical spine fusion surgery.
- The Orthofix may interfere with the operation of a cardiac pacemaker or defibrillator. Consultation with the attending cardiologist is recommended.
- The Orthofix should be removed prior to any imaging procedures (e.g., CT scan, MRI, etc.).
Additional warnings and precautions apply. See manual for complete prescribing information.